- The “Hirer” and the “Authorised Driver”:
The “Hirer” means a person, by or on behalf of whom this Agreement is signed. “Authorised Driver” means the additional driver to the Hirer. Additional drivers must be approved by The Rental Company and a fee of US$5/day or US$25/week is charged for each addition driver. The Hirer is to ensure that the Authorised Driver will comply with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Tyres, Tools and Accessories Condition:
The Hirer will return the Vehicle with all tyres, tools and accessories, in the same condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear excepted, to the place and on the date shown overleaf or sooner if requested by The Rental Company.
- Rental Rates, Taxes and any Other Charges:
The Hirer is responsible for the rental rates, taxes and any other charges payable as shown; the minimum charge is for 24 hours. Early return of an agreed weekly rental converts the rental charge to the daily rate.
- Security Deposit:
A Security Deposit of US$600.00 for damages caused
to the hired vehicle is payable on rental of vehicle
and it shall be refunded to the Hirer should the
vehicle be returned in the same condition as it
was received. Damages include all dents, scrapes
or scratches to the body of the vehicle and tyres
or rims; broken or cracked mirrors; windows or lights;
torn or soiled upholstery, damage to the stereo
and antenna; and loss or damage to the spare tyre,
wheel tools and accessories.
- The Vehicle will not be driven by any person:
- Other than the Hirer or authorized driver.
- Under the age of 25 years or over the age of 65 years.
- Who has less than 3 years of driving experience.
- Who has a factitious or false name, age, or address.
- Who is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, narcotics or barbiturates.
- License and Visitor’s Permit:
The Hirer and any Authorised Driver MUST be in possession of a valid driver’s license or local visitor’s permit. Permits are available from the Rental Office at a cost of US$5 each.
- Eating, Drinking, Smoking and Animals:
- No eating of foodstuff or drinking of all beverages is permitted in the rental vehicle.
- Smoking is also strongly prohibited in the vehicle.
- No animals or pets are allowed in the vehicle under any circumstances.
- Should the upholstery be soiled or burnt by such activities, the Hirer will be liable for all valet and repair costs.
- The Vehicle will not be used for:
- The carriage of passengers or property for hire or reward.
- Any illegal purposes.
- To propel or tow any other vehicle or trailer.
- Race pace-making, reliability trials or driving tuition.
- In violation of the provision of any Act, Order or Regulation affecting the use, lending or condition of the vehicle.
- Responsibility for unauthorized activities:
If the vehicle is used in any of the aforementioned activities, the Hirer is responsible for any and all damage or loss to the vehicle or any part or attachment thereof, including our loss of use of the vehicle regardless of fault. If we elect not to repair the vehicle, the Hirer shall pay the full value of the vehicle before it was damaged, less any monies received from salvage.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Coverage:
The responsibility for the loss or damage to the vehicle shall only be limited if the Hirer purchases the OPTIONAL Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Coverage, which waives partial responsibility for vehicle damage resulting from a collision. The cost of the CDW Coverage is US$12.50/day or US$62.50/week, payable upfront and is non-refundable.
The CDW Coverage is void in the event of the following:
- Use of the vehicle for any activities listed as restricted,
- The damage or loss was caused intentionally,
- An unauthorised driver driving the vehicle,
- The loss or damage occurred because the driver whether authorised or not was impaired by the use of alcohol or drugs.
CDW Coverage does not include damages to tyres, rims or any interior damage. Such as, cigarette burns, rips, spills, tears to upholstery and carpet, missing items such floor mats, spare tyres, jack, wheel tools and stereos. It does not protect damage to soft top vehicles such as rips, tears, burns or misplacement to the roof of the vehicle.
- Insurance Jurisdiction Clause:
The insurance shall be covered by the following jurisdiction clause. The insurance shall be governed by the laws of Barbados, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, doubt or question arising hereunder, and in the event of any action, claim or damage by the third party under or by virtue of this insurance the liability of the Insurers to indemnify in such event shall be limited to judgement delivered or obtained in the first instance by a Court of competent jurisdiction within Barbados.
The Hirer for her/himself and on behalf of any authorized driver agrees to comply with and be bound by all the terms of this policy, which are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement. It is a requirement of the policy that every accident involving the vehicle will be reported at once to the Rental Office and an accident report form completed within 24 hours.
- Compliance with terms of this policy:
The Hirer or any authorized driver will:
- Obtain the names and addresses of witnesses,
- If possible, make no admission of liability,
- Deliver to the Rental Office all summonses, writs and documents received,
- Not aid or abet any claimant, but co-operate fully with the Rental Office and the Insurance Company in the investigation and defense of any claim.
- Traffic offenses or violations:
All traffic offenses or violations or parking regulations involving the vehicle during the period of rental, including all fines and penalties will be the responsibility of the Hirer. If the Rental Office has to pay such fines, the Hirer will reimburse the Rental Office within 14 days and pay an administration fee of US$50.00.
- Loss, damage to or fault in the vehicle:
The Hirer will immediately inform the Rental Office if any loss, of damage to or fault in the vehicle and will not use the vehicle whilst it is in a non-road worthy condition or liable to cause damage to any person or property.
- No responsibility for delays are accepted by owner:
Owner accepts no responsibility for delays in consequence of breakdown or other circumstances.
- Outstanding charges, fees and expenses due:
All charges, fees and expenses including payments of loss or damage to the vehicle are due at our request and the Hirer assigns to the Rental Office any and all proceeds from coverage under credit card payments or other insurance. The Hirer agrees to pay a late charge of 1.75% per month on all past due balances, and to pay any collection cost.
- Authorisation to charge credit card:
The Hirer authorizes the Rental Office to charge any credit card for the pre-calculated charge upon signing this agreement. For any additional charges on the return of the vehicle and any deductible, cost or repairs or replacement, parking fines, related expenses and administrative expenses. In a case where the Hirer is over charged or undercharged, then we may charge or credit said credit card.
The Rental Office will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, our premises or service vehicle.
- Property that was left behind: