Can’t Wait to See You!
So you have considered Barbados for your next vacation travel destination. Barbados is a very safe destination, however, it is always wise to ensure you plan carefully and take the necessary precautions to protect yourself and your property for your travel to Barbados.
- Make sure you travel with a valid passport or visa (if required). Also, bring another valid form of photo I.D., and photocopies of both I.D.’s in case of loss or theft.
- Persons seeking to obtain a Barbados driver’s license should travel with a valid National or International license. Authorized car rental companies like Venture Car Rentals can issue you a driver’s license.
- Give friends and family your contact information and itineraries in case of emergency. Additionally, you can register with your country’s embassy or consulate before you travel; that way your country is aware of your whereabouts.
- Keep luggage, handbags, or backpacks in view at all times, and keep your possessions close to your body.
- Don’t take around large amounts of cash; credit cards and traveler’s cheques are more secure alternatives.
- Get contact details of the manager of the accommodation and the property’s address – you need this to get through immigration at the airport.
- Give the accommodation manager your flight details so they will know what time to expect you and can adjust their plans if your flight is delayed or canceled. This information is also beneficial to us if arranging vehicle dropoff or pickup at the airport.
- Currency – travel with US or Bajan Dollars. US Dollars are generally accepted across the island. You also get a great rate of exchange if you buy your Bajan Dollars from a bank in Barbados. Large supermarkets and stores accept most popular currency but there is a high rate of commission, so cheaper to buy from the bank.
- Adaptor plugs – most computers have a transformer and can run on the local voltage but you need an adaptor to plug your British/Canadian/US etc laptop into the local system.
Make Barbados your home away from home!
You can redefine the way you work with the Barbados 12-month Welcome Stamp. The Welcome Stamp is a visa that allows you to relocate and work from right here on our beautiful island. Sure, the sun, sea, and sand are major perks, but Barbados has so much more than that to offer! We are the home of friendly people, professional and modern services, quality education, and most importantly, safety and security!